CPR Promotional Check-Up - May 6, 2013
May 6, 2013
When iPods and Sirius CanDo This, We're Screwed
From Wild 94.1 in Tampa -
On April 2, 2013 a WiLD 94.1 listener, named Aaron Williams, called into the Alli That Girl show. He said he'd heard Alli mention that DeSean Jackson would be playing in the DRC Foundation Celebrity Slam Jam, April 6, 2013 at Palmetto High School. He said he had to pull over when her heard DeSean would be there as his 8 year old nephew, Jamiere Coven, is his number one fan -- he even sleeps in his jersey. Jamiere has a medical disorder requiring blood transfusions twice weekly, and will soon enter the hospital for six months...and may never come out. After contacting Tammy Atmore, at the DRC Foundation, Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie invited Jamiere to the game to meet DeSean. It was then learned that Jamiere lives in New Jersey. A WiLD listener, named Dawn, then offered to pay for part of the plane ticket, as she lost her son four years ago, and wanted to help Jamiere. This morning, Dominique called Jamiere and surprised him with an invitation to Bradenton, for the game. The child was speechless and his mother, Ashley, said he was jumping up and down. Saturday, Jamiere, his mother and uncle, along with Dawn and another listener named Nena, who offered Jamiere her game tickets, will join Alli That Girl at the Slam Jam as VIPs. Jamiere will meet his idol, as well as all of the players, and take pictures and get autographs. The DRC Foundation also has some other surprises in store for Jamiere.
- Again, you want 20. Minimum. That insures you have three left by the end of the summer.
- Polite is nice. Shy isn't. You want to screen for people who are out-going and aren't going to hide in the van.
- Look for people who have skillz(tm). Like Intern Gabby at KZIA who could play sax and rap.
- There is NOTHING wrong with giving them street names and little profiles on the website. If anything, it adds some character to stations.
- Grill them for what's happening in college. I heard about Beer Pong a full year before mainstream society courtesy of a promo kid in Rochester, NY. Kind of like...
A college game involving through Frisbees at garbage cans, courtesy of Ricky Hoffend at Clear Channel in Poughkeepsie.