CPR Promotional Check-Up - Aug 16, 2013
August 16, 2013
Mocking The Competition
I sent out a link the other day to one of the parody spots that Hot in Ottawa did. And Rayne at AMP in Detroit found the one they were mocking. Compare the original
to the parody
I've now heard from two stations that have cars suddenly thrust on them for December. To do the "win a key that could start a car" during the holidays would qualify you for a job at the Waffle House.
However you get the qualifiers, here are a couple things you could do that would GUARANTEE you some TV. First, get an equal number of people in Santa costumes. Randomly assign one to each qualifier. One by one they go up and yank the beard. They're all fake except for one. That person gets the car. Or parachute Santa in. Whoever's grid he lands in gets the car.
Groceries & Delis
One of the stations is putting together a pretty impressive picnic pack of prizes including a picnic table. As exciting as "click and register" or "VIP Club" can be, they're going to do The Incredible Picnic Basket Of Mystery, which is basically The Black Box: ID all five items in the basket based on SFX and win. Stuff like a three hole punch, a calculator, etc.
I thought that up while writing an email. Got ZERO returns when I tried it on Google. It might actually be original. And the 20 cent spike is making news.
A station in Florida got a couple to name their son after the morning show for a $100 gas card. Hmmm...I wonder if gas will help you meet girls? There's only one way to find out.
- Mike an "awkward" street teamer and have him approach hot women at a bar and offer to buy them drinks. When they turn him down, he then returns in five minutes and offers them a $25 gas card if they'll dance with him. See if that will work.
- Have a street teamer buy gas for women and see if that works as an opening line.
- Do a First Date Kit for a listener. Flowers. Candy. A nice dinner. Tickets to a movie. And a gas card. See if that helps the mood.
- Go on a dating site and promise free gas to whoever will let you take them out.
- Add gas cards to your next singles event; all couples that make a connection get gas.