CPR Promotional Check-Up - May 23, 2014
May 23, 2014
Labor Day 2007, I was in Portland and cruised by the studios of a station where every vehicle in the fleet was sitting in their parking lot. The symbolic last nice weekend before the Winter monsoons, the entire city was outside doing something and the cluster was missing it. Genius.
If you haven't read the "Showing The Flag" blog at www.cpr-promotions.com, do. It works.
Mike Salas at CBS in LA has his own battle plan that makes the most of the team (currently at 24 but planned to beef up to 28) and the market's historic highway gridlock:
I like to have a team out 3 times per day M-F in LA since everyone drives to work and is stuck in traffic.
This consists of an AM freeway cruise, a "lunch" location hit at a hot zip, and a PM freeway cruise.
They Have A Winner!
Z-95.3 in Vancouver had their first $2000 Minute winner the other morning. The caller was able to answer all these questions in 60 seconds.
1. Who were the 2 girls always fighting for the attention of Archie Andrews in the comic books?
- Betty and Veronica
2. Lyle Lovett is the ex-husband of which A list actress?
- Julia Roberts
3. In the game of chess, what do you say when your opponent has no more moves?
4. What is the name of Prince William's younger brother?
5. Which Metro Vancouver border crossing is located the furthest West?
- Peach Arch
6. What drink is made with hops and barley?
7. Which actor played the super hero Ironman?
- Robert Downey Jr
8. How many inches are there in 4 feet?
9. What was the name of the David Duchovny mystery TV show that was filmed in Vancouver?
- X Files
10. In the world of email what does BCC stand for?
- Blind Carbon Copy
Truth Or Pair
Great contests can be reality TV shows. Look at what's on TV. They've done all our research for us. "War Of The Roses" is Cheaters. Runaway Brides is The Amazing Race. Survive It And Drive It? Any of the Survivor spinoffs.
So when The Moment Of Truth was big, one of the CBS stations had callers trying to beat a voice stress analyzer and win $100 for every correct answer they gave. Fly in Albany lie detected moms on Mothers Day.
Steve Dolhagary at AMP in Calgary is lining up a polygraph and technician to do this for concert tickets and meet and greets as "Truth Or Pair". Do. This.
Lick It For Tickets
Miley is on hiatus but the methodology still is strong; give out a daily item and Instagram a photo of you licking it for tickets. Just completed at Jammin' in New London and Hot in Ft. Wayne.