CPR Promotional Check-Up - Oct 7, 2014
October 7, 2014
Lots of stations do various "ride alongs" in October. Chet and The Zoo in Vegas have Gary Spivey join some winners on a bus trip around to haunted locations. Ted & Amy from 93Q in Syracuse are sending a bus of listeners to the big theme park Halloween event at Darien Lake. Rock 102 in Fargo does it with the morning show hitting five big clubs in three hours. They're getting money from all five BTW.
Sometimes you just need to start with a good name. I'd have people get dressed up in costume, get a COOL bus like a double decker and mix up clubs with a few of the locations you'd find on here. http://www.theshadowlands.net/places
Sampling & Client Prizes
One of the stations had a request from a client where they (client) would bring in food for the morning show to eat. This is horrible on so many levels, but most especially, the listeners think we get paid for doing zip to begin with, and now we get free food???!!!
How about doing the sampling at a client and turning it into a video? So instead of lame endorsements that no one believes to begin with, you have actual human beings tasting and raving about the food. Unless it sucks. Which is even more of an incentive for the client to "get it right".
One of the restaurant chains is offering up $20 gift certificates for prizing. We don't want to give people prizes that they'll need to spend money to use. And unless I use this prize for a sad Social Anxiety Lunch For One, it's going to cost me to use it. Pair them up. Fewer contest plays but better prizes.
These are some great topic starters from Special Ed with The Fan in Tampa:
- How did you hurt yourself during sex?
- Should you speak up if a kid is getting spanked too hard in public?
- Is it ok to read your teen's emails and have access to their Facebook and Twitter accounts?
- Do you stalk your ex on Facebook (i.e. constantly go to their page and look at their pics and status updates?)
- I regret drunk texting ______ because when I went back and read the text I realized that I said __________
- Ladies, do you have a sugar daddy? If not, would you want one?
- Swingers, speak up on your experiences! What's the positives and negatives of doing this?
- Do you have a weird phobia?
- Bad roommate stories...share them!
- My ex was a psycho because he or she....
- Should kids sports be just for fun? i.e. no score, everyone plays and everyone wins mentality.....
- For those that just moved here, if you could give someone ONE warning about the Bay area, what would it be
- Mom's who smoke pot....
- Women, do you have breast envy? Ever jealous of another woman's chest?
- Apartment and Condo Heads - are you tired of hearing your neighbors having sex?
- Men, what movies have made you cry?
- How many times a week do you pleasure yourself?
- If your temporarily disabled (on crutches for a month or two, etc) is it ok to park in a handicapped spot?
- Confess Your Debt...how much do you have?
- If you died, what would you NOT want them to find in your house?
- When sexting went wrong......