CPR Promotional Check-Up - May 14, 2015
May 14, 2015
The #1 party night of the year for 18 year-olds.
What will these kids be doing in the limos? Posting pics to Facebook. You should do Prombook on your site and also have a section on your page for sharing the pics. They're going to be sharing; they may as well share with you.
How embarrassing are old prom photos? You should post your airstaff's old pics on the website. C'mon. I dare you. NO ONE looks good in a a 10 or 20 or 30 year-old prom picture. "Mom's 'N Proms"?
- I think 98PXY in Rochester was the first station where I had the staff break into the GM's office and steal his shit. It was when he'd already announced he was leaving for another gig. So all weekend they cracked his door, rifled his desk and drawers and gave away all the stuff he'd absconded with for his own personal use. Kool in Bonnyville did a version of this while their GM was on vacation. It's got to be done as if you're taking the phone down the hall, opening the door, flipping on the lights and then you hear drawers opening and closing. You don't pre-announce the prize. That would make no sense.
- A "Spring Cleaning Weekend" can be incredibly lame. It needs to have a vibe. You've got the new interns clearing out the prize closet to get it ready for all the crap you've ordered for the summer. So give away ski lift tickets from last November. Tickets to a movie you screened in January. Candycanes from a remote in December. And...some new CD or concert ticket.
I got my first golf request from Hot in Sudbury a couple of weeks ago and then it hit with a vengeance this past week. Yesterday in a cold driving wind of about 30 degrees, the local driving range in Forest Lake? Packed. If you're into golf, you're really into golf.
- Charity tourneys abound. I saw one that CBS in Sacramento did called "Slice And Dice" at a casino course.
- Q-104 in Halifax did a promotion with Maxim called "Closest To The Pinhead" which had one of the morning people gearing up in a sumo outfit with a helmet and facemask and listeners drove balls at him.
- I lob this out about once a year. Get Lacey Underall at YOUR event? Every guy between 40 and 60 will show up. Bookable here http://www.cindy-morgan.com/
- What if you did "At The Stroke Of Midnight" and gave night vision goggles to the morning show and some listeners for a few hours of severely visually challenged golf. This has "1,000,000 youtube hits" written all over it.
- The next level would be Blind Golf. Randomly pair two guys with two girls. The couples never see each other. With the assistance of promo staff, blindfolded, they golf 18 holes.
- A girl who has "sat" my daughters works in the summer as a bikini-clad drink server in a golf cart on a local course. This has Street Team potential written all over it.
- Here's your next charity event http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UYw6Dz21C0
- One of the stations is doing a Lost Ball on the website every week. Find your ball and win golf cart use and greens fees.