CPR Promotional Check-Up - Aug 20, 2015
August 20, 2015
A sign of a great station is their ability to just take whatever is handed to them and milk it for juice. WPGC in DC once had a van that they referred to as The Jurassic Van and despite constant notes to management that the thing was a death trap, fixing it was put on the backburner. And then one day the brakes failed and it went across a yard and into someone's living room.
They awarded pieces of the vehicle and free laps at a gocart track to winners all the next day. And the station was #1 for 20 years, which is pretty decent.
Like many of you, Radio 104.1 in Hartford has one of those bendy cactus looking inflatables for their events, and of course, it was stolen on Saturday night at an event. Imaging has been re-done as breaking news on the search for Bendy Man, interviews with Mrs. Bendy and concerned citizens, and of course, the thief has really called in and will return it.
There are approximately 30 million people still experiencing shortness of breath and crushing pains in their left arm.
- One of the morning shows' cohosts got the lead's profile and read it on the air.
- Digitize or otherwise alter voices of actual listeners (or do it theatrically, ie: staged) of people who are scared witless.
- If you have not done the "pocket dial call from a couple who are checking out of a hotel room", let me know and I'll walk you through it.
- I have a friend, who, when she was in Oregon, posted a profile on www.seekingarrangement.com and would read the skeezy attempts by dudes pretending to be doctors and lawyers. If you look like you're 19, are wearing a wife beater and the photo is in the basement with a giant Kid Rock poster on the wall, you might possibly be lying.
- The unabashed, unrepentant adulterer bit is great. Get the topic going and then take a call from a young woman who only dates married men and is proud of it. The female portion of your audience will literally go insane and want to kill her.
- One morning Clay at The Wolf in Greensboro midheard and thought that it was Dolly Madison that got hacked: he has a secret thing for Ho Ho's that his wife is unaware of.
Just Show Up
Yet another successful Just Show Up Show at 'QEN in Birmingham, this time featuring Echosmith. From Dino Conrad: 95 degree heat...we passed out 10,000 bottles of water, 2,000 fans, and made it onto the news for our Echosmith #justshowupshow (nobody died).
This Will Haunt Your Dreams
In fact, it might give me a heart attack ack ack ack. A new twist to heads on sticks. 'ROR puts the head on a street teamer. http://wror.com/galleries/mich-ultra-billy-joel-pre-party/#img_0116
Jamie Martel named it the Jib Jab.