CPR Promotional Check-Up - Sep 15, 2015
September 15, 2015
Your Quote For The Week
From a very wise (old)(seriously)(I've seen his drivers license) man named Bill Tanner. You can apply this to recaps, imaging, charitable campaigns, whatever:
In the receding world of radio, very few remember that emotion...emotional audio...can bind listeners and give them a lift they didn't even know they were looking for. Like Steve Jobs said about the iPhone...Apple didn't go out and do market research to find out what people wanted in a phone...they just built something very cool and people came.
How Do You Spell "Country"
One woman spells it K-S-O-N. http://www.kson.com/jt-show-news/2015/08/11/loyal-listener-kennedy-spells-country-k-s-o-n
Photo Shop Friday
Kind of like Meme It Mondays. We're really good at posting other people's stuff, and some of us are really good at creating content for people to watch. But not many stations, if any, are doing things that engage the audience and give them something to do.
What if every Friday you found a Legal-approved image, or, just staged a photo of the morning talent doing something like leaning into his car to get something and exposing a whole mess 'o crack. Stick it on social media. And let the audience play around with it.
If you're a company that has a 60-90 day turn around with Legal, then it doesn't have to be a contest. Just time killer stuff for at work.
Selling Your Toy Drive
A whole lot of you are now in Toy Drive Mode for December. Chet Buchanan's event at KLUC is hands down the biggest in Radio. By a mile or even ten miles.
In the past they've been able to find many ways to gen sum rev.
- The Bike board with the bike donation count ...('the Nakvi Law bike board stands at 600 bikes")
- The money donation board
- Daily food sponsors: breakfast & dinner
- Heating lounge, for cold mornings
- Chets tent/gear (usually from sporting goods)
- staff gear
- We tried one year to sponsor the 'xmas' trees within the parking lot, which we decorated and had signage
- photobooth, which was ipad and download app
- photo wall, step&repeat, where we had celebs take pics
- we had the 'first toys on the truck' day 1 sponsored