CPR Promotional Check-Up - Feb 18, 2016
February 18, 2016
Got requested from one the CHR's yesterday for April - May promotions. A couple of things that they might not have seen submitted?
Sierra Mystical People LOVE psychics. Period. They'll usually say "I don't believe in that crap" but will be the first to stand in line at your tent in 100 degree heat to talk to the morning show psychic who dropped by your summer concert. (Boise Music Fest last Summer. Poor woman ended up sitting there and answering questions for hours.) Have a psychic come to all of your remotes for a month, sponsored by the client who would also be there pouring and sampling.
Sierra Kum Laude Newspapers have been running grad announcements and well wishes for 100 years. Only a couple of stations have been smart enough to have a scroll on the website of listener messages, ie: "Congraduations Dave for finishing your GED, Mom and your New Dad!" Easily sponsorable by the client. Not that any of you care about juicing web traffic.
1st Quarter seems to be the time that these requests come out of the woodwork.
- People are trying to be more healthy and do other things to avoid seeing their doctor (ie: spending money) so what if you did a Health Fair at one of these facilities. BP tests. Heart checks. All the basics. Multiple client potential on this.
- What if you did a thing on the website where you helped people find compatible (schedule, location) workout buddies. This isn't a singles thing. This is helping listeners meet someone who will keep them on the program and encourage them and maybe become friends with. Having one of the announcers create a little team of W.O.B.'s to get fit with would be cool and great bonding with the listeners.
- "Healthy Hour". A workout time for people who are leaving work. They donate the money that would have spent on drinks to an applicable charity.
- The MS Society in the Twin Cities used to do an Aerobithon as a fundraiser. Several hundred people in a gym dancing and sweating. Mancow's first-ever appearance in SFO was at something like this in Half Moon Bay.
- Retro-lutions. For people who broke their New Years Eve promise and want another shot. Remote with a price break for people who come and sign up.
- ThighPod. A downloadable workout mix for the website, with client spots inserted.
- At-Workout. A feature on the website with exercises and activities that the cubical dwellers can do to stay fit between 9 and 5.
- St. Fattys Day. All March 17th, people can sign up and purchase discounted memberships, anonymously, through your website.