CPR Promotional Check-Up - Apr 18, 2016
April 18, 2016
24 Years And Still Wild As Fudge
This is the first hour of Wild in San Francisco. 40 jockless hours of Tone Loc into "DMSR" by Prince. Listen to the energy and fun. You don't get this with sending out a press release. formatchange.com/ksol-becomes-wild-107-7
There have been a few talents like Elizabethany and Amy Kaye who have really gotten into it, and even a muckety muck like Kevin Godwin with Townsquare be all up in that, but it's never really caught on as much as it should have.
Here are the casts of two Marvel TV shows competing. There's no reason the morning show couldn't take on your sister station. Or have talent hook up with groups of at-work listeners to compete. For the record, hospital staffs WILL be all over this kind of stuff, as witnessed by the hundreds of versions of the Pink Glove Dance.
Sentenced To (Prize)
One of the stations has three nice grand prizes to spread out over three weeks. But they also have two live dayparts, so I think we're going to do a version of the Phrase That Pays.
Like Power in Miami with Edumication, the morning guy is going to have an old elementary school teach who will give out a new word at five appt. times over the course of the day. On Friday call at 5 PM and be the first to string them together into a sentence, like "Paige Nienaber is kind of creepy but you should really see his house, it smells like cats...." you get the idea.
Here is some Ed copy from Miami but these would not be texted in but copied down as part of the growing sentence:
Each play starts with "And now another moment of Ed-umication with Ivy's 6th grade teacher, Mrs. Eunice Bongarterstrom"
- This hour's word is "Recess". Noun. A period of time when proceedings in court, parliament or school are temporarily suspended. Allow me to use it in a sentence. "If you don't sit down and shut up, no one will get to enjoy recess." Recess. Text recess to (code) and I might allow you an extended recess with Ed Sheerhan.
- This hour's word is "PhyEd". Noun. A conjugated term for gym or physical education. Allow me to use it in a sentence. "Tommy was allowed to skip phyed because of his irritable bowel syndrome." Phyed. Text PhyEdto (code) and I might let you get out of PhyEd to see Ed Sheerhan.
- This hour's word is "Principal". Noun. The person with highest authority in an institution, group or organization. Allow me to use it in a sentence. "Principal Dan did not return one of Mrs. Beckers texts after their conference in Bend. He's a bad bad bad man." Principal. Text principal to (code) and I mightnot send you to see the Principl but I will send you to see Ed Sheerhan.
- This hour's word is "Detention". Noun. The period of time assigned to being held at school after hours. Allow me to use it in a sentence. "Timmy thought it would be funny to put super glue on the toilet seat in the teachers lounge. Timmy will be in detention until he's 35." Detention. Text Detention to (code) and I might keep you after school for some detention, and Ed Sheerhan.
- This hour's word is "Quiz". Noun. A test of knowledge, especially a brief informal test given to students. Allow me to use it in a sentence. "I hope you all read 'Yes Bobby, Your Body Is Changing' because we're about to have a quiz on it." Quiz. Text quizto (code) and your friends might just be quizzing you about how awesome the Ed Sheerhan show was!
- This hour's word is "Apple". Noun. A round fruit from a tree of the rose family, typically comes with a red or green skin. Allow me to use it in a sentence. "In an attempt to brown nose her way out of a bad grade, Carol gave me an apple." Apple. Text apple to (code) and you can have an apple while you wait to see Ed Sheerhan.
- This hour's word is "Homework". Noun. School work or a project that student does outside of the classroom, most likely at home. Allow me to use it in a sentence. "Jenny complained that I gave her too much homework. Jenny is a lazy (bleep). Homework. Text homework to (code) and I might just let you blow yours off while you go to see Ed Sheerhan.
- This hour's word is "Bus". Noun. A large motor vehicle used for conveying passengers by motorway. Allow me to use it in a sentence. "I don't care if the bus ran over your kitten, we all have problems and that's still no excuse to miss Hygiene Class." Bus. Text bus to (code) and maybe your parents won't make you take the bus to see Ed Sheerhan.
- This hour's word is "Hallpass". Noun. A slip or item of permission that allows you to use the halls during school hours. Allow me to use it in a sentence. "Kay's hallpass appears to be altered or falsified. We we see how she enjoy's 'detention'." Hallpass. Text hallpass to (code) and you could get a great hallpass: tickets to see Ed Sheerhan."
- This hour's word is "Bandcamp". Noun. A session for music students, outside of the academic year, usually in the summer. Allow me to use it in a sentence. "This summer at bandcamp (prolonged bleepage)" Bandcamp. Text bandcamp to (code) and Ed Sheerhan is going to unleash some bandcamp on YOU.
- This hour's word is "Backpack". Noun. A satchel with straps that lets it be carried on the back. Allow me to use it in a sentence. "Bob has a Hello Kitty backpack. 12th grade is going to suck for Bob." Backpack. Text backpack to (code) and you might win a big backpack of Ed Sheerhan tickets.
- This hour's word is "Suspend". Verb. To temporarily prevent from continuing. Allow me to use it in a sentence. "Because referendum 651 was voted down, we have no choice but to suspend running water in the school lavatories." Suspend. Text suspend to (code) and you can suspend doing Trig for a night while you go to Ed Sheerhan."
- This hour's word is "Nurse". Noun. A person trained to care for the sick or infirm. Allow me to use it in a sentence. "Jane has some really bad cramps so she went to the school nurse." Nurse. Text nurseto (code) and maybe a nice, kind, nurse will bring you your Ed Sheerhan tickets.