CPR Promotional Check-Up - Jul 29, 2016
July 29, 2016
There are a lot of TV shows with characters you never saw. http://mentalfloss.com/article/54533/11-famous-television-characters-we-never-actually-saw
Only a few radio shows or stations have tried it. Rush has ventured down that road with Snerdly or whoever the made up producer is. Jamz in Orlando had an 80 year-old security guard down at the prize vault in sub sector Z who would call up and ask how Mr. Carter was doing as President. And Power in Miami had Uncle Beasley Reed who was the 100 year-old owner who loved Hip Hop and dated only Playboy Bunnies. At a Power House concert, they wheeled out a guy in makeup, in a wheel chair, with a rolling IV and an oxygen tank ministered by a stripper in a mini skirt. 18,000 people went nuts when Uncle Beasley Reed finally showed his face.
It's theater. Radio needs more theater.
The Jimmy's have done all of our research for us. This is mildly cool. I'm really surprised more stations don't do this kind of stuff. And who doesn't have an occasional golfcart at a show? From Mix in Boise.
No outdoor shows? No prob. There's something specific to every market that you could do this with.
- Lutheran Church Lutefisk Dinner Karaoke at any station in Minnesota or the Dakotas.
- Disney Shuttle Tram Karaoke if you're at AMP in Orlando.
- Escort Card Slapping Karaoke at KLUC in Las Vegas.
- Cannabis Shop Karaoke if you're at Z-100 in Portland.
- Sandia Tram Karaoke at KOB-FM in Albuquerque.
- Ski Lift Karaoke at Magic in Colorado Springs.
- Float Plane Karaoke at Z-95.3 in Vancouver.
It's So Hot
So far there hasn't been any killer heat, yet. But when there is, TV will be looking for shots. Things they can take back as the end-of-show 23 seconds of goofy filler footage. What throwing water up in the air when it's -56, Wacky Culinary Experiences is to 103 degrees.