CPR Promotional Check-Up
February 24, 2011
There are a few universals I've hit over and over again.
- Stick a DJ on a billboard or hang them from a crane, and people will buzz.
- Put the logo on your billboard upside down, and the phones will explode.
- Anything with children or single mothers will add a hook to a charitable campaign that will make it click over to 10.
- TV loves "wacky weddings". (as witnessed by this weekend's homeruns in NYC and Chicago)
- Baby crawls get television coverage. Always.
- Pizza is the Universal Food
- Movies are the Universal Entertainment Choice
- Most listeners will never get to ride in a limo EXCEPT, MAYBE, on their wedding day. So adding one to a prize doubles it's percieved value
Add to the universals:
- Pregnant Bikini Contests always seem to get TV
- 99% of radio stations will celebrate St. Patrick's Day with a club gig with green beer. So doing anything above that will be huge.
You know what no one has ever done? A Pregnant Leprechaun Contest.
Could either be done as an event at a client ("bar" is implied) or online.
Download a four leaf clover template (with your logo in the artwork) off the station website. Hold over the burgeoning belly of your spouse, color it in green, stick her in a green bikini, add accoutrement like a jaunty green hat, and put her on stage with the other contestants or submit her photo for voting.
Multiple client ops and it will drive the traffic. And, again, TV loves this stuff.