Tuesday, September 6, 2011
September 6, 2011
Another Labor Day Holiday has come and gone.
Vacations are over; the kids are back in school ... ditto the mysterious disappearance of sales people after 2p on Fridays, and the excuse from your NSM that New York closes after lunch on Fridays.
Time for a re-set with your staff. Let them know a few things:
- Goals for September and Q4
- performance expectations
- number of calls each day, presentations given, ideas generated
- The lazy hazy days are over. You want your station(s) truly PROGRAMMED every day. Ask them what they’re going to do to make your station sound special every day.
- Challenge your PD to help you generate NTR income in Q4. Create an event. A sponsorable opportunity. A new feature that works within your strategy but also has revenue opps.
- Remind everyone that we are all equally invested in the ratings and revenue growth of the station. How can each employee contribute in these areas?
Believe me, nobody loves Summer more than me ... but often, I don’t like what comes with it in terms of productivity. It’s a new season ... on the calendar, on the football field, on TV. Shouldn’t be at your radio station.
Comments? E-mail me at email@example.com.