Wednesday, September 28, 2011
September 28, 2011
I talked to a buyer in-depth recently and asked her a very frank question: What drives your crazy in dealing with stations?
So, here’s your list of stuff we don’t think about enough that drives buyers crazy:
* Incorrect invoices -- they are strapped enough without having backtrack on an invoice and make sure what they bought is what they are being billed for.
* Not including notarized co-op copy in the invoice and making them call to ask for it.
* Not allowing enough time for copy approval before the schedule starts running.
* Sending out an avail and having to follow-up and ask for the submission on time.
* Properly executing promised promotions
There’s more, but that’s the meat of it. I’ve always operated under the premise that I want my stations to be the easiest with which to do business. Period. That means cover every aspect. Get it together right now. You don’t know how much business you’re missing out on because it’s tough to work with your team.
Comments? E-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org.