Wednesday, January 11, 2012
January 11, 2012
Let’s face it, unless you have a comprehensive NTR and digital plan, you are, most likely, going to struggle hitting your number this year.
Focus for a moment on NTR:
* Engage your team to build out an annual NTR calendar
* Write down, by month, every programming feature, special features, special weekend, small to medium-scale events (job and health fairs, for example), and large-scale events. Include special station produced “externals” like a “Green Guide,” calendar, or station CD.
* Then go back do a mini P & L on each one with the goal of five to seven times the expense profit margin.
* Select what works and ask your sales manager and sales team what components they need to successfully sell it and put it together.
* Present the calendar with all support packaging and set the goals, by month, by AE and run with it.
My guess is that your budget number is larger than what you realistically are calling the market to deliver so you MUST have this “Make It Happen” business to get there. It’s only the second month of the year so there’s still time....
One little hint: It’s a longer selling cycle so give yourself necessary time to do it right.
Comments? E-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org.