Wednesday, January 16, 2013
January 16, 2013
Below is a great piece from John Potter, VP of Training, at the RAB that was in their daily Radio Sales Today newsletter recently. I'm a big fan of the RAB, their training, resources, and advocacy for our industry. If you're not a member, consider it today.
6 Tips To Get Your Clients To Open E-Mails
Compelling subject lines get your e-mails opened by clients and prospects ... and that must be the first goal of any e-mail. Use these tips for subject lines to improve your open rate.
- Create a sense of urgency.
- Include a benefit to the receiver.
- Be consistent with your station's image.
- Signify the importance of the e-mail.
- Play to the relationship you have or want.
- Keep it short and to the point.
Good e-mail subject lines will make the client want to do something. Create your subject line by first knowing what you want clients and prospects to do.
Comments? E-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org.