Monday, April 1, 2013
April 1, 2013
Today is April Fool's Day and I remind you Don't Be A Fool.
Remember the basics:
When, and be honest here, was the last time you.....
- Walked around the sales pit and asked each rep what they were working on
- Went on a sales call with an AE
- Asked someone other than the small "go to" circle you always go to for a new idea
- Personally presented a BIG IDEA to a large prospect
- Attended a jock meeting
- Called a key client out of the blue, thanked them for their business and offered them a few bonus spots when you have inventory available
- Wrote a thank-you note to a client
- Reviewed a commercial log to see if it reflects what is set up
- Calculated your Average Unit Rate
- Actually coached
- Challenged every department head to give you one idea to improve their department (that doesn't cost anything)
I could go on and on ... just don't forget the basics ...it's so easy to get "in the weeds" with all we have going on ... Good luck.
Comments? E-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org.