Tuesday, November 11, 2014
November 11, 2014
Do you know your programming department's plan for the holidays? Is there any special programming planned?
You should know by now, but if you don't get with your PD today and talk about it. Much of it can be packaged and sponsored.
If you are a music station (that hasn't already flipped to all-holiday music), consider:
* Holiday music Christmas Eve at noon through Christmas Day
* Get an artist to do a Christmas special. Send them a script and then build an hour into a show
* The Top (station frequency) Party Songs of All Time (format specific) on New Year's Even
* Contemporary stations still and should do a countdown of the year's best
* Top News/Sports stories of the year
* Host's Christmas special
You know where to go with this ... do something. Entertain your audience and make a few extra sponsorship bucks.
Comments? E-mail me at email@example.com.