Friday, March 6, 2015
March 6, 2015
As we ready for Q2 and increased activity, nothing is more important when we get busy than relentless inventory management, as it has a direct impact on how your price your station.
I suggest you sit down with your sales manager and your traffic manager and review how you manage that.
A few things to ask:
- Are they reviewing an inventory map each day?
- Does your traffic manager publish a sell-out report each day?
- What is the process for front-loading the month?
- When you have to bump ... are you bumping several clients just a little or one or two a lot! Go with the former and make darn sure you are communicating this to your clients IN ADVANCE!
- Once you have the information, are you communicating higher demand rate necessity with your AEs?
Good luck. Stay on top of it!
Comments? E-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org.