Tuesday, May 5, 2015
May 5, 2015
Today is Cinco de Mayo. The annual holiday held on May 5th that commemorates the Mexican Army's unlikely victory over French forces at the Battle of Puebla on May 5th, 1862. We may know if more affectionately as a "bar night!"
Because it's 5/5, I'm going to give you FIVE THINGS YOU CAN DO TODAY TO MAKE YOUR RADIO STATION BETTER!
1) Get three people you know to call the station and go through the process a client might when calling the station.
* One might be a new advertiser inquiry
* One might be a client calling asking for invoice clarification.
You get the idea ... if that experience is anything less than cheerful and simple, FIX IT TODAY!
2) Meet with your Digital Sales Manager (or whomever in sales is responsible for digital sales) and your Webmaster/Digital Application Manager and discuss how you can get beyond banner ads and streaming spots to create genuine engagement WITH your listeners and FOR your advertisers.
3) Pull a Music (or Content) monitor. Review it with your PD. Is that what you should REALLY put on the air? Does something look wrong or especially right?
4) Go on a sales call (by surprise) with a mid-level AE. Better to just meet them there and not ride with them and just observe and see how it goes. You'll learn A LOT!
5) Call five clients and thank them for their business.
Simple stuff, often overlooked as we get swamped with more and more to do every day.
But today, Cinco de Mayo, do these five things ... then go have a cold cerveza!
Comments? E-mail me at email@example.com.