Friday, November 13, 2015
November 13, 2015
Uh oh ... it's almost December and you are looking at January and Q1. We talked a few weeks ago about owning your number. Now you're looking at a new budget year.
And your January looks like ...well, you know.
Back to the basics, kids:
- Look at what you had on the air in January and Q1 last year.
- Look at business that was active in the market, but not with you.
- Have your sales managers get a realistic read from your AEs on what's coming back, what's at risk, and what is not likely to return
- Get a real assessment of national (then take it down a few points)
- Re-examine what programs you have in place for NTR and other "Make-It Happen" business. Chances are you are short, but it's not too late. Tell your PD you need "sellable" opportunities
- And put more effort into Digital ... the opps are getting bigger there
Don't freak out looking at January one month out. Just go do something about it.
Comments? E-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org.