Tuesday, February 9, 2016
February 9, 2016
Is your station known as the one or at least one of the easiest with which to do business? Time and time again, I meet with agency principles and buyers who tell me, "I like working with you guys because you make it easy."
Think about that, especially from an agency side. These people are so overworked and simply want to clear their desks ... That's why so many cop to pulling the Top 5 ranker in a demo and buying those stations.
But how can you stand out if you're #6+?
A couple things to ensure are:
- Run the spots as ordered and don't jerk around with the schedule. If you agreed to it, run it.
- Provide copy and/or creative approval with plenty of time to review.
- If you have to bump, make d*#n sure you communicate it in advance, and possibly give'em a little extra on make-goods.
- Invoice it correctly ... the first time.
- If co-op is involved, include a notarized script with the invoice ... Don't make them have to call and ask for it. You know they'll need it.
There's a big long list, but you get where I'm going. And these are all "controllables." More on that late ... but be easy ... it will pay off.
Comments? E-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org.