Friday, June 24, 2016
June 24, 2016
We are one week away from starting the second half of the year. So, how'd it go in the first half? Better, sure, compared to last year but still nowhere where you want it to be, right?
Take a moment and do the following early this week:
- Take a good look at your new business from January-June. How many accounts?
- Average order size? Are most of them generated by one or two AEs?
- Examine your attrition. What went away and why?
- Classify the responses to get a better understanding. Is your attrition driven by two or three categories?
- Compare your categories of advertisers and track growth over prior year Qs 1 and 2. Any surprises? Is automotive up? Financial? What packages and programs worked? What did not?
- Is your NTR calendar laid out for the rest of the year? If not, do it. Now. It's a longer selling cycle and if you're not working on late Q3 and Q4 NTR programs now, they won't get sold.
You get the idea. Follow this path. Take a good hard look at the first half to shine a light on what you can do in the second half.
Comments? E-mail me at email@example.com.