Friday, July 29, 2016
July 29, 2016
Continuing in our series on 2017 budgets, today we will focus on those elements that involve forward looking planning. Some of it is redundant from revenue and expense tips from last two days but nonetheless important:
Plan for 2017:
- Look at revenue categories and set targets and goals for growth
- Select 10 key accounts that are ripe for significant improvement in revenue
- Select 10 key targets that should be on your station at significant levels
- Build a 12-month NTR calendar NOW! That will help you in months where you are challenged a bit on spot
- Make sure you take into account expenses also
- Look at your ORG chart and Headcount. What do you really, really need?
- Think about a new commission plan. One suggestion to save a little money, consider a tiered plan. Different commission rates for "under budget" "at budget," and "10% over-budget" for AEs. Also different rates for Agency, Direct, new Direct, NTR and Digital
- While you're at it, re-examine your bonus plans for management staff
- Talk with your Chief and/or Corporate Engineer about Capital Expenses
You can never be TOO prepared and budget time is a great time to plan for many things beyond the bucks!
Comments? E-mail me at email@example.com.