Wednesday, March 16, 2011
March 16, 2011
So how do you feel about one-day sales?
I go both ways ... on one hand, I don't like the message it sends about the valuation of your station's advertising and sends a message that "we're needy."
On the other hand, and I believe this trumps the negatives because it serves several purposes:
- It rallies your troops on a common goal.
- It teaches your team about prep and pre-sale because you and I both know most of the sales on one-day sales are "sold" well before...
- It's a great way to get some good quick cash at a priority time
One option, consider a one-day sale focusing on a specific category:
- An automotive one-day sale where you target everything from dealers to repair shops, to auto parts
- A Digital one-day sale where everyone is focused on marketing your digital assets
- Or, to roll-out a key package like a holiday sale ...
If you haven't done it in a while, give it a shot ... it's tried and true, and if managed properly, doesn't become a negative to your station, but quite the contrary, lots of quick cash!
Comments? E-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org.