96X/Tyler TX Afternoon Host Allen McGee Dies In Fire
December 27, 2011 at 9:22 AM (PT)
TOWNSQUARE MEDIA Rock KKTX (96X)/TYLER, TX afternoon-drive host ALLEN MCGEE died in a CHRISTMAS morning fire at home in nearby KILGORE, TX, NEWS-JOURNAL.COM reports. According to authorities, MCGEE was asleep in his home when a blaze erupted shortly after 8a SUNDAY.
The investigation into the fire is continuing, as officials have ordered an autopsy.
"ALLEN was a good friend and one of the best on-air personalities we have ever had the opportunity to know," a statement on the station's website read. "It’s not often that we, as radio people, are left speechless. Today we are. Nothing can put into words our shock and sadness at the loss of such a talent -- and friend -- especially on CHRISTMAS Day. Our thoughts and prayers are will ALLEN’s family -- especially his kids."