LDR Highlights 2011 Accomplishments
January 3, 2012 at 7:54 AM (PT)
LISTENER DRIVEN RADIO President/CEO DANIEL ANSTANDIG is celebrating the New Year by taking a look back over the company's successful 2011. "As we kick off 2012," writes ANSTANDIG, "LDR shares some highlights from 2011. LDR is reinventing radio by giving listeners control of their favorite radio stations through the web. Listeners to stations using the LDR platform can vote and control which songs play in real time, sign up for alerts when their favorite songs play, and share their favorite songs on FACEBOOK. LDR is built to cultivate ratings, revenue, and web traffic for radio stations by engaging audiences."
LDR is used on the air by over 125 radio stations, networks, and broadcast groups in the USA, CANADA, and EUROPE, claiming a reach of over 30 million listeners monthly.
Some of the highlights in the 2011 Year In Review according to ANSTANDIG:
* The average station using the LDR.1 platform increased their ratings shares by +175% and cumulative audience by +37%. The average station using the LDR.Takeover platform increased their ratings shares by +127% and cumulative audience by +54%.
* LDR attracts hard-to-reach consumers to radio station websites. Compared to the average website, LDR attracts 16% more females, 10% more 18-34 year olds, 5% more 35-49 year olds, and 24% more African Americans. The average LDR voter is more likely to have kids in the house than not.
* LDR client stations sell more digital sponsorships. In Q3-Q4 of 2011, LDR stations added over $600,000 in non-traditional revenue, using LDR sales support. LDR offers training and consultation to help stations sell sponsorships on the platform.
* Listeners stay longer when LDR is on the air. The average listener stays and votes for 23 minutes during an LDR.Takeover hour or show.
* Listeners visit more often when LDR is on the air. The average listener returns to stations using LDR.Takeover 2+ times per week.
* LDR drives traffic to radio station websites using social media. On average, LDR sends 4,268 tweets per month on behalf of stations around the world. @listenerdriven has over 44,000 followers. In 2011, listeners also shared their songs on FACEBOOK 75% more than they did in 2010.