Longtime Atlantic Records Exec Tunc Erim Passes
March 5, 2012 at 4:16 AM (PT)
Condolences to the family and friends of longtime ATLANTIC RECORDS executive TUNC ERIM, who passed away SUNDAY, MARCH 4th, after a long illness.
A service is planned for WEDNESDAY, MARCH 7th at 1:15pm at the RIVERSIDE MEMORIAL CHAPEL, 180 West 76th Street, NEW YORK.
JUDY LIBOW told ALL ACCESS, "For those of you that can't make it, we know you'll be there in your hearts. We plan to have a celebration of TUNC's very colorful life sometime in the near future. There are just too many stories to share."
ERIM began working at the ATLANTIC RECORDS studio on BROADWAY in NEW YORK CITY and was offered a job as tape librarian for $68 a week. As THE YOUNG RASCALS could be heard in the waiting room singing, "What A Beautiful Morning," Tunc's journey with the ATLANTIC RECORDS' family had begun.
Over 27 years, ERIM held these positions
* ATLANTIC RECORDS Studio -- Tape Librarian
* ATLANTIC RECORDS Studio -- Assistant to producer Arif Mardin
* ATLANTIC RECORDS Studio -- Studio Manager
* ATLANTIC RECORDS -- Dir./Artist Relations
* ATLANTIC RECORDS -- VP/Album Promotion
* ATLANTIC RECORDS -- Assistant to the President and SVP/A&R