jacAPPS Announces The Next Generation Smartphone App
April 11, 2012 at 8:04 AM (PT)
jacAPPS has unveiled its next generation smartphone app -- V3. The company describes the new application as providing "an extraordinary amount of flexibility, expansion and listener engagement not found in most apps for radio or in aggregated apps that contain hundreds of stations."
"With over 600 apps and close to 14 million downloads under our belt, we've learned a lot about what listeners want in an app," said VP/GM PAUL JACOBS. "Radio station brands are more than just their stream. They engage with audiences through multiple channels. And the V3 app enables time-shifting, social communication, and sharing. For jacAPPS customers, the app provides unlimited expandability as well as a revenue component, push messaging, and the ability to be updated immediately without going through any approval process. This is truly a major step forward for radio in the mobile space."
The V3 app is designed with the following objectives in mind:
* Provide a large screen space for the station to display images they control remotely.
* Contain unlimited navigation based on horizontal scrolling. As stations decide to add features such as video, on-demand, news, events, and blogs, the app can quickly and seamlessly be updated.
* Offer social sharing so content from the app can immediately be posted on FACEBOOK, shared on TWITTER or sent out via e-mail.
* Provide an optional revenue sharing program via VERVE WIRELESS, and push messaging via URBAN AIRSHIP.
* Display album art featured on the front page of the app.