Radio Revs Rise In August
October 3, 2005 at 12:09 PM (PT)
The RAB reports that radio revenues returned to positive growth in AUGUST, with total combined spot and non-spot dollars increasing 2% over the same month from a year ago. Local ad sales for the month climbed 3% compared to AUGUST of last year, while national dollars remained flat in the same month-to-month comparison. Total combined local and national ad sales figures rose 2% in AUGUST over the same month last year. Non-spot revenue was the only sector to experience a downturn, dipping 5%.
On a year-to-date basis, total combined spot and non-spot sales figures rose 1% for the first 8 months of ‘05 compared to the same period in ‘04. Both local and national sales figures also grew 1% over those same months from a year ago (for a combined 1% increase). Similar to the radio revenue results for the month, non-spot dollars remained flat year-to-date ’05 when compared to ’04.