MySpace Claims Relaunch Raising Site's Profile, Popularity
June 27, 2013 at 1:31 PM (PT)
MYSPACE has offered new metrics that show "strong momentum among its core millennial audience" two weeks after launching its new platform. Early site traffic and app download patterns demonstrate early adoption of the new product.
Initial 14-day statistics include:
* 31 million unique site visitors to check out the new MYSPACE
* 34% of that traffic came through mobile
* To date, there have been 995,000 downloads and updates of the new app
* MYSPACE's new app rose up the social app chart from 1,300 to 142
* MYSPACE has been solidly trending on TWITTER since its June 12th launch
* Brand sentiment on TWITTER in SEPTEMBER 2012 was nearly 60% positive; since launch is now approximately 80% positive
To support its launch, MYSPACE debuted a $20 million marketing campaign across broadcast, cable, and digital. With multiple brand and product spots featuring an eclectic cast of musicians, artists, and creatives, the campaign is running across high-profile network TV programs and cable outlets. The company is seeing major spikes in traffic and app downloads, tied to its multi-pronged media campaign.