Arbitron Network Radio Survey Finds Massive Audience
September 12, 2013 at 11:13 AM (PT)
ARBITRON's has released its latest research, NETWORK RADIO TODAY 2013, which found that Network radio is heard by nearly 179 million people each week -- two-thirds of the U.S. population age 12+. Additionally, ,nearly 163 million listeners are adults age 18+, and over half of them (nearly 83 million adults), are employed full-time.
Other findings on the Network audience:
* Among Persons 18+, 51% are women and 49% are men.
* Four in 10 adults age 18+ listen to network radio in home, while six in 10 listen out of home.
Regarding Network radio commercials:
* 71% of the listeners are 18-49 and 25-54.
* Two-thirds (67%) of Persons 18+ have a least a bachelor’s degree.
* 70% of adult listeners have household incomes of $75,000+.
* Nearly three-quarters (74%) of Persons 18+ are working full0time.
* They're heard by nearly eight in 10 black adults and nearly two-thirds of Hispanic adults age 18+.