FCC Grants More LPFM CPs
January 28, 2014 at 3:58 AM (PT)
31 more LPFM construction permits have been granted as the FCC plows through the pile of applications for the low power facilities nationwide. In the latest batch, the following were granted:
- ANCHOR OF OUR SOUL MINISTRIES, INC., RIDGE MANOR, FL
- GEORGE A. THOMPSON POST 878, MARSHALL, TX
- FRIENDS OF THE COLONIAL, BETHLEHEM, NH
- COLLEGE HILL COMMUNITY RADIO, CEDAR FALLS, IA
- SHOW LOW COMMUNITY RADIO, SHOW LOW, AZ
- LIFESTYLE HEALTH EDUCATION, INC., ROCKY MOUNT, VA
- KOSHARE INDIAN MUSEUM INC., LA JUNTA, CO
- TRI-CITIES BROADCASTING FOUNDATION, GRAND HAVEN, MI
- NEWPORT NAZARENE CHURCH, NEWPORT, OR
- CITY OF WAUPACA, WAUPACA, WI
- ASTOR COMMUNITY RADIO, INC., ASTOR, FL
- THE PRAIRIE CENTER BROADCASTING, DODGE, ND
- NORTHLAND BAPTIST MINISTRIES INTERNATIONAL, LOS MOLINOS, CA
- MUHAMMAD'S UNIVERSITY OF THE NEW ISLAM, FAYETTE, MS
- GARRETT COLLEGE, MCHENRY, MD
- CAUSE 4 PAWS INC., BEDFORD, IN
- FRIENDS OF MARION COUNTY, SALEM, OR
- WHAB FOR BB INC., HUNTINGTON, MA
- THE COMMUNITY EMPOWERMENT PROJECT COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT CORP., FOREST CITY, NC
- ST. MARY CATHOLIC RADIO OF YORK, YORK, NE
- FIRST BAPTIST CHURCH, COVINGTON, LOUISIANA, COVINGTON, LA
- WHITE SPRINGS PUBLIC RADIO, INC., WHITE SPRINGS, FL
- LAURENS JEHOVAH CHURCH, LAURENS, SC
- ST. JAMES CATHOLIC RADIO OF SIDNEY, SIDNEY, NE
- IGLESIA CAMINANTE DE LAS ASAMBLEAS DE DIOS, WALLA WALLA, WA
- LIFE NET CHURCH, AUSTIN, TX
- BRANCH MEMORIAL SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH, MACKS CREEK, MO
- KRANK IT UP, TALLAHASSEE, FL
- WILLIAMS MEMORIAL CHURCH OF GOD IN CHRIST, SACRAMENTO, CA
- MOLDING INNER YOUTH, BATON ROUGE, LA
- POARCH BAND OF CREEK INDIANS, ATMORE, AL
In other action at the FCC, RANDY MICHAELS' RADIOACTIVE, LLC has applied for an extension of its silent STA for WNMR/DANNEMORA, NY "while the licensee continues to evaluate alternate long-term programming and staffing arrangements."
CALIFORNIA LUTHERAN UNIVERSITY has requested an extension of its silent STA for FM translator K209CE/SAN LUIS OBISPO, CA; the station has just received Commission approval for modification of its facility.
HAMPTONS COMMUNITY RADIO CORPORATION has closed on the sale of noncommercial WEER/MONTAUK, NY to EASTERN TOWER CORP. for $5,000 and "arrangements" with tower owner CROWN CASTLE and former owner WPKN INC. so that the seller "will have no further obligations to" those parties.
ALEX MEDIA, INC. has closed on the sale of the construction permit for WMRG/MORGAN, GA to STEVE HEGWOOD's CORE COMMUNICATORS SOUTH LLC for $270,000.
And KASKASKIA BROADCASTING, INC. has closed on the sale of FM translator W241BU/CHARLESTON, IL to BAYARD H. (BUD) WALTERS for $20,000.