Rhapsody On The Rise
April 8, 2014 at 7:53 AM (PT)
RHAPSODY INTERNATIONAL (parent of RHAPSODY and NAPSTER) reports that its services are available in 32 countries across EUROPE, LATIN AMERICA and the U.S. with more than 1.7 million paid subscribers globally, making the services among the fastest growing streaming music companies today.
RHAPSODY adds: "Total paid global subscriber base grow by 63% year over year, with an average of 8,000 paid subscribers signing up each day."
- GERMANY, FRANCE and BRAZIL are the fastest growing markets, but the U.S. remains the largest
- Globally, subscribers listen to music on average of 10 hour per week
- In the U.S., RHAPSODY subscribers are listening to nearly 35 hours per month
- A global catalog size of 32 million tracks with 30,000 songs being added daily
- "Happy" by PHARRELL WILLIAMS is the most popular song globally
- The most popular global artist is EMINEM