Which Companies Have 'The Best Reputations?'
May 6, 2014 at 4:49 AM (PT)
THE WALT DISNEY COMPANY and GOOGLE have the best corporate reputations in the world with consumers, according to REPUTATION INSTITUTE’s "2014 Global RepTrak 100 study."
More than 55,000 interviews with consumers were conducted across the 15 largest markets in the world to measure the corporate reputation of the 100 most visible companies, several of which have ties to the music business.
The best companies in the world like THE WALT DISNEY COMPANY and GOOGLE see reputation as an input to their strategy not as a passive output from their communications. They use feedback from customers and other key stakeholders to make better business decisions, and that is what makes them trusted and relevant. By working systematically with reputation they have a clear understanding of where to invest and what to say, which increase their return on investments.
Top 10 Most Reputable Companies
1. THE WALT DISNEY COMPANY/GOOGLE (Tie)
3. BMW GROUP/ROLODEX (Tie)
10. SAMSUNG/MICROSOFT (Tie)
Reputation Institute 2014 Global RepTrak 100 study key findings:
- APPLE considered the most innovative company by consumers
- GOOGLE considered the best place to work by consumers
- THE WALT DISNEY COMPANY considered the best corporate citizen by consumers
- GOOGLE rated #1 for its leadership by consumers
- GOOGLE rated #1 for its financial performance by consumers
- AMAZON has the best reputation in NORTH AMERICA
- SONY has the best reputation in EUROPE
- GOOGLE has the best reputation in LATIN AMERICA
See the Top 100 list here.