CMA Music Fest Stats: 2015 Event Already 75% Sold; 96% Of 2014 Attendees Will Be Back Next Year
June 9, 2014 at 3:07 PM (PT)
Although the 2014 edition of COUNTRY MUSIC ASSOCIATION (CMA) MUSIC FESTIVAL just came to a conclusion LAST NIGHT (6/8), tickets for 2015 have already been on sale and are pacing 28% ahead of last year.
According to CMA, 75% of available tickets for next YEAR’s event, scheduled for JUNE 11th-14th, 2015, are already sold. Fan can still purchase online, however, by logging on here.
During the past WEEK, CMA was conducting a survey of attendees; among the key findings:
- 50% were first-time attendees, up from 48% in 2013.
- 52% were first-time visitors to NASHVILLE.
- 17% said they just recently became fans of Country music.
- The average distance traveled to attend CMA MUSIC FEST was 665 miles.
- 96% showed interest in coming back next year.
- 52% said they were under the age of 40 (Up from 50% in 2013).
- 82% utilized social media to post daily experiences, with FACEBOOK leading the way (75%), followed by INSTIGRAM (46%) and TWITTER (37%).
CMA says these preliminary numbers are based on its onsite/in-person surveying of 437 attendees over the four days. Additional research is being conducted and will result in added insights about CMA MUSIC FESTIVAL attendees based on input from more than 2,000 patrons.