Lamn Jam Music Competion Submission Deadlines
June 11, 2014 at 3:59 AM (PT)
The deadline to submit material for LAMN JAM's 2nd round preliminary for Pop/Rock is this FRIDAY, JUNE 13th. Participants for the Urban/R&B/Hip Hop category have until JULY 18th to provide materials its 2nd round competition.
These LOS ANGELES based prelims provide opportunities far beyond traditional showcases. Lamn Jam emphasizes creativity and originality, featuring music written by the artists performing. Covers are not accepted. Here is a link for those wanting to submit music or get more information, Lamn.com.
After performing, contestants will get critiques from a panel of experts. This years judges include:
- ANDY GOULD/Artist Manager for SPECTACLE GROUP
- BRIAN SHAFTON/Partner RBC RECORDS (TECH N9NE, DJ QUICK NWA, SNOOP DOGG)
- EOTHEN "EGON" ALAPATT/A&R NOW AGAIN (MADLIB, MF DOOM, J DILLA)
- JOE SOLO/Producer of hit acts like MACY GRAY and FERGI
- JAN LINDER KODA/Producer and Artist Management expert, ANGEL DIVA MUSIC
- ISSAC HEYMANN/VP A&R EPIC RECORDS
- SHELE SONDHEIM/Producer and Publisher CMS WORDS & MUSIC
- SHAKIM WILLIAMS/Producer AKON and EXEC. Producer and Host at L. A. TALK LIVE
- KEVIN LYMAN/Founder and Creator of the WARPED TOUR, TASTE OF CHAOS, and MAYHEIM TOURS
- JESSICA COLE/Music Publisher of LYRIC HOUSE
- OWEN HUSEY/Artist Manager (Signed PRINCE to WARNER BROS. RECORDS and Former Record Exec. at CAPITOL, A&M and SONY
- MOLLY BOHAS/Publisher NORTH STAR MEDIA
- STEVE LILLYWHITE/GRAMMY Award winning Producer (U2, ROLLING STONES, DAVE MATHEWS BAND)
- SYDNEY ALSTON/Artist Manager and DISCMAKERS GM
- TOM ZUTAUT/A&R STEREO PRISTINE RECORDS (Formerly GEFFEN/ELEKTRA), GUNS N'ROSES, METALLICA, TESLA, ENYA
- TRINA N. GREEN/Journalist and Author at HIGH VOLTAGE
- VIOLET BROWN/STANGE MUSIC VP OF LABEL DEVELOPMENT (NWA, DR.DRE, and legendary record industry icon)
- RAPHAELLA LIMA/ Music Supervisor ELECTRONIC ARTS
- MARK MAZZETTI/A&R RECORD COMPANY IN A BOX (JOHN MAYER, STING, JANET JACKSON)
Those performers selected this year will compete for a Career Launch Package valued at over $40,000 plus numerous opportunities for exposure. Winners will continue to advance to other preliminaries with the finals for Pop/Rock on SEPTEMBER 30th and Urban/R&B/Hip Hop being held on OCTOBER 1st.
LAMN Founder TESS TAYLOR told ALL ACCESS, " We will continue to discover great songs for radio as well as great artists like ALOE BLACC and TIM FAGEN, both winners of previous LAMN JAM competitions. Radio is and remains the #1 marketing tool to expose new music and reach the widest audience. Other platforms have grown in prominence with the digital evolution, but give me radio any day of the week."
TAYLOR is also President for LAMN and the NATIONAL ASSOCIATION of RECORD INDUSTRY PROFESSIONALS.
MORE ABOUT: lamn jam | radio | tim fagen | marketing | joe solo | j dilla | digital | capitol | alapatt | cms words | september | john mayer | andy gould | aloe blacc | discmakers | tom zutaut | macy gray | metallica | owen husey | october | mf doom | july | sting | roses | enya | exec | june | akon | egon | tesla | fergi | tech n | madlib | prince | friday | eothen | guns n | dr.dre | violet brown/stange music vp of label development | snoop dogg | jan linder koda | l. a. talk live | spectacle group | electronic arts | shakim williams | shele sondheim | taste of chaos | raphaella lima | r epic records | north star media | angel diva music | r stereo pristine records | r record company in a box | record industry professionals | steve lillywhite/grammy | warner bros. records | issac heymann/vp | dave mathews band | national association | all access | rolling stones | rbc records | lyric house | high voltage | molly bohas | r now again | kevin lyman | warped tour | tess taylor | jessica cole | dj quick nwa | mayheim tours | brian shafton | geffen/elektra | trina n. green | mark mazzetti | janet jackson | sydney alston | management | career | producer | ipad | homes | insurance