SCBA Releases Q3 Market Guidance Report Early
June 11, 2014 at 12:23 PM (PT)
The SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA BROADCASTERS ASSOCIATION (SCBA) has released its Quarterly Market Guidance Report for Q3 early. Among the insight it culled from the data are:
* Total cume in Q1 2014 rose to 10,524,700 in LOS ANGELES, a 2.0% growth rate. Cume in RIVERSIDE/SAN BERNARDINO rose to 1,842,800, a .7% growth factor, and the largest cume growth came from SAN DIEGO MARKET, which grew 2.2% to 2,517,100.
* MILLER KAPLAN ARASE data found hat total market revenue through April 2014 for all reporting LA Radio stations showed a variance of only -1.4% over the same YTD period in 2013. National spot weakness which resulted in the total variance. On the plus side, Radio’s Network, Digital and Non Traditional Revenue categories are showing double-digit percent increases over 2013.
SCBA then broke down growth in the advertiser categories:
* With most dealers posting record sales for MAY 2014, Early indications would suggest that dealer spending in Q3 will continue to grow as the category grew by 5.7% in APRIL.
* Insurance Companies grew their Radio budgets by 88.0% through APRIL 2014.
* Casinos/Lotteries found YTD growth through APRIL of 34.9%.
* Personal Fitness and Weight Centers showed APRIL YTD growth of 162.9%.
* Security Services also saw impressive APRIL YTD growth of 56.2%.
* Home Improvement advertisers increased their Radio budgets by 44.1% APRIL YTD.
* Postal/Delivery Services were way up, 108.5% for APRIL YTD. The delivery services business is heating up in Southern California as increased pricing wars and speed of delivery become larger consumer factors.
* Hotels/Resorts have increased APRIL YTD spending in Radio by 36.2%,.
* Concerts/Theatre/Movies have shown consistent spending growth through APRIL with a 22.3% increase.
* Recruitment/Employment had an APRIL YTD growth rate of 21.9%.
* Real Estate/Retirement Communities enjoyed a 22.4% growth rate through APRIL.
* Education has shown a 15.2% growth rate for Radio through APRIL.
Visit www.scba.com for updated Radio research information on a variety of categories, latest trends, and an updated “Value of Radio” overview.