Townsquare Takes Three Iowa Stations Back From Spinoff Trust
August 26, 2014 at 4:31 AM (PT)
Top 40 KKHQ (Q92.3)/OELWEIN, IA; Classic Rock KCRR/GRUNDY CENTER, IA; and Country KOEL-F (K98.5)/CEDAR FALLS, IA are being returned to TOWNSQUARE MEDIA from the CEDAR RAPIDS DIVESTITURE TRUST, headed by ALLEN L. BLUM. The stations had been assigned to the trust for sale within two years as part of the acquisition of several stations from CUMULUS MEDIA; the re-acquisition was enabled when the stations were reassigned to the WATERLOO-CEDAR FALLS market from the CEDAR RAPIDS market.
In other filings with the FCC, BASE COMMUNICATIONS, INC. is donating Sports WODY-A/FIELDALE, VA to POSITIVE ALTERNATIVE RADIO, INC. The station is being valued at $100,000 for purposes of the donation.
STARBOARD MEDIA FOUNDATION, INC. is selling W275BV/WINCHESTER, VA to CITY COMMONS LLC VA SERIES A for $11,000. The station will rebroadcast Classic Hits WXVA-A/WINCHESTER.
MEDIA EYE is selling K272FC/VOORHIES, OR to the OREGON STATE BOARD OF HIGHER EDUCATION for SOUTHERN OREGON UNIVERSITY for $70,000.
RUBY RADIO CORPORATION has requested a Silent STA for K232BK/WINNEMUCCA, NV due to equipment failure.
BARINOWSKI INVESTMENT COMPANY L.P. has closed on the donation of WLGP/HARKERS ISLAND, NC to AUGUSTA RADIO FELLOWSHIP INSTITUTE, INC.
And RADIO POWER INC. has closed on the sale of W276BH/BYHALIA, MS to FLINN BROADCASTING CORP. for $150,000.
Also, the FCC has rescinded the grant of the sale by QUICKSILVER BROADCASTING, LLC of Classic Country WJMT-A (THE PATRIOT) and Classic Rock WMZK (Z104)/MERRILL, WI and FM translator W256AG/WAUSAU to MICHAEL ENFELT's WISCONSIN-based RADIO ONE COMMUNICATIONS, LLC. (not the major group owner based in the WASHINGTON area) for $595,000. NORTHPINE.COM reports that the grant was rescinded for failure to run on-air and print announcements of the sale. The grant was appealed by KURT FELT over unpaid debts he said QUICKSILVER owes him, and the Commission declined to rule on his allegation but did rescind over the ads, sending the deal back to pending status.
New Low Power FM construction permits have been granted to the following:
- SAM-SNO EDUCATIONAL MEDIA, OLYMPIA, WA
- LLAAB INC., LAKE MARY, FL
- MINISTERIO PALABRA DE VIDA, INC., RENO, NV
- TEMPLO DE DIOS, INC., FORT WORTH, TX
- RAGE, INC., WASILLA, AK
- FIRST UNITARIAN UNIVERSAL LIFE CHURCH OF HANFORD, HANFORD, CA
- SOUTH COAST COMMUNITY MEDIA ACCESS CENTER, SANTA BARBARA, CA
- EDUCATION THROUGH MEDIA FOUNDATION, INC., BELLE ISLE, FL
- ASSUMPTION OF THE BLESSED VIRGIN MARY CATHOLIC PARISH, WALLA WALLA, WA
- GRAND VALLEY PEACE AND JUSTICE, GRAND JUNCTION, CO
- INDEPENDENT OMAHA RADIO PROJECT, INC., OMAHA, NE
- CITY OF KENT, WASH, KENT, WA
- OPAL ENVIRONMENTAL JUSTICE OREGON, PORTLAND, OR
- ASIAN PACIFIC AMERICAN NETWORK OF OREGON, PORTLAND, OR