Study: Growing Public Support For HD Radio
September 10, 2014 at 3:59 AM (PT)
iBIQUITY DIGITAL CORP., the developer and licenser of HD RADIO Technology, has produced research that finds broad consumer satisfaction with HD RADIO broadcasts. An RDA Group study found that 75% of all Adults 12+ listen to HD RADIO stations each week, generating over 56 million hours of in-car HD RADIO listening per week.
The survey of 1,022 new car buyers, including 500 HD RADIO users, also discovered:
- 71% of consumer are aware of HD RADIO Technology, up from 60% in 2012.
- 91% of HD RADIO users are ‘completely’ or ‘very’ satisfied.
- 92% of users are ‘completely’ or ‘very’ satisfied with the digital audio quality, 89% with program info (song title, artist and album display), 86% with the service being free, 82% with HD2, HD3, and HD4 channels, 74% with artist experience (album art and station logos), and 72% with real time traffic updates. All of these numbers represent increases over the 2012 data.
- 97% of HD RADIO Technology users would ‘definitely’ or ‘probably’ recommend HD Radio technology to their friends and relatives.
- 91% of all consumers ‘definitely’ or ‘probably’ want an HD RADIO receiver in their next vehicle; 80% expect it to be a standard feature.