Triton July Top 20 Finds Urban Format Showing Largest Gains
September 11, 2014 at 6:17 AM (PT)
TRITON DIGITAL has released its monthly Top 20 Ranker for JULY 2014. The Ranker is a listing of the top-performing digital audio stations and networks measured by the Webcast Metrics audience measurement platform. Webcast Metrics is accredited by the MEDIA RATING COUNCIL.
Webcast Metrics uses a proprietary platform to track audience data and convert it to metrics that can be easily understood by both publishers and advertisers. Audience rankings are done on the basis of "Average Active Sessions", with "Session Starts" and "Average Time Spent Listening" also displayed.
Key findings of the JULY 2014 Ranker include:
- Average Active Sessions (AAS) grew significantly in JULY 2014, with the M-F 6a-8p daypart up 20.7% and M-SUN 6a-Midnight daypart up 22.3% compared to the same period last year.
- On mobile, JULY 2014 saw a 37.2% increase during the M-F 6a-8p daypart, and a 35.8% increase during the M-SUN 6a-Midnight daypart compared to JULY 2013.
- During the M-F 6a-8p daypart, mobile devices made up 68% of AAS, up from 62% in JUNE. 37% of that listening took place on iOS and 31% took place on ANDROID devices.
- Of the top 20 markets, CLEVELAND showed the largest listening gain with a 22.2% increase in AAS, followed by SAN FRANCISCO (9.1%), LOS ANGELES (4.8%), DALLAS-FORT WORTH (3.6%) and HOUSTON (1.8%).
- The Urban Contemporary format showed the largest listening gains with a 19.6% increase in AAS, followed by Sports (7.2%), Top 40 (6.8%), News/Talk (2.4%), Classic Hits (1.1%) and Country (0.8%)
July's Top 20
- PANDORA CORPORATE
- CLEAR CHANNEL RADIO
- SLACKER, INC.
- CUMULUS STREAMING NETWORK
- CBS RADIO INC.
- NPR MEMBER STATIONS
- ESPN RADIO CORPORATE
- COX RADIO INC.
- EMF CORPORATE
- ENTERCOM COMMUNICATIONS CORP.
- IDOBI RADIO
- GREATER MEDIA CORPORATE
- TOWNSQUARE MEDIA
- SALEM COMMUNICATIONS
- HUBBARD BROADCASTING
- NEW YORK PUBLIC RADIO
- BEASLEY BROADCASTING CORPORATE
- PRISA RADIO