CBS Reorganizes Digital Sales Executive Staff
September 16, 2014 at 4:51 AM (PT)
CBS RADIO Pres./Sales MICHAEL WEISS has made several moves in the digital executive suite.
In an email to staffers, WEISS wrote, "Last week we announced the addition of JOHN VILADE to our Digital Sales team as VP/National Digital Sales" (NET NEWS 9/3), and noted, "In conjunction with that change I’m pleased to announce a number of other changes designed to increase the emphasis and the growth in our local digital sales efforts:
Effective immediately, MICHAEL BIEMOLT will assume overall responsibility for that portion of our effort as VP/Local Digital Sales. Michael is a 20 year vet of CBS and has been instrumental in the continuing growth of digital for CBS RADIO and CBS LOCAL MEDIA. While he will oversee all our Radio markets, MICHAEL’s primary focus will be on working with DOSs and DSMs in NEW YORK, LOS ANGELES, CHICAGO, BOSTON, PHILADELPHIA, DETROIT and MINNEAPOLIS."
The new regional structure includes:
- ZACH CLAUDIO expands his local support to work with the DOSs and DSMs in ATLANTA, WASHINGTON, D.C., TAMPA, PITTSBURGH, ORLANDO, CLEVELAND, ST LOUIS, BALTIMORE, HARTFORD, SAN DIEGO, RIVERSIDE and CHARLOTTE.
- BRAD BLUDAU, currently leading digital sales for SAN FRANCISCO, will continue in that role and will add the responsibility of working with the DOSs and DSMs in SEATTLE, SACRAMENTO, LAS VEGAS and PHOENIX.
- MICHAEL PETTIETTE, currently leading digital sales for HOUSTON, will add coordinating with DALLAS to his plate and will work closely with JOHN LINDNER the newly appointed DSM in DALLAS. LINDNER transfers to DALLAS from his role as DSS in CHICAGO.
WEISS also announced these DSM assignments:
- DANIEL RENDON, who has been leading digital sales in NEW YORK will be moving back to the MIDWEST to lead digital in CHICAGO effective on SEPT. 22nd.
- KURT LAUFER, who has been leading the digital sales efforts in PHILADELPHIA for the last 3 years will replace RENDON in NEW YORK, and start his new role on OCTOBER 1st.
- HELI ZILLIACUS, who had been leading the digital sales effort in LAS VEGAS has moved north to lead digital in the MINNEAPOLIS market.
- JEFF DIBBLE has joined CBS RADIO/LAS VEGAS to replace ZILLIACUS.