As WALK Joins Connoisseur, Staff Promotions Announced
Jim Condron Joins Corporate, Dave Widmer Expands GM/Market Mgr. Duties
September 26, 2014 at 3:58 AM (PT)
Earlier this month (NET NEWS 9/11), ALL ACCESS reported the three-way deal that saw QANTUM swap 29 stations to CLEAR CHANNEL for AC WALK-F/PATCHOGUE, NY from the ALOHA STATION TRUST and then sell WALK to CONNOISSEUR MEDIA for $50 million had closed. Last week, WALK's new owners moved the station to their FARMINGDALE, NY location, which also houses Hot AC WKJY (K-98.3), Classic Hits WBZO (B103), WWSK (94.3 THE SHARK) and Adult Standards WHLI-A.
Now the company sets assignments for staffers, with a number of CONNOISSEUR’s current employee’s, as well as certain members of the WALK staff, elevated with expanded roles in the enlarged cluster.
WALK GM JIM CONDRON will be taking on an expanded position in the corporate office as SVP/Regional Strategy. GM/Market Manager DAVE WIDMER will continue to manage the market and will add WALK A-F to his responsibilities.
Other significant promotions and role expansions:
- Current WALK PD PATRICK SHEA has been promoted to LONG ISLAND Operations Director and will oversee all programming and programming personnel for CONNOISSEUR MEDIA/LI.
- Current WALK APD/MD TOMMY CONWAY has been promoted to WALK PD.
- Current WALK LSM PAUL ANTHONY has been promoted to GSM and will share responsibilities of that position with current CONNOISSEUR MEDIA/LONG ISLAND GSM JANINE JOHNS.
- Current WALK Regional and National Sales Manager ARNY LEVY will add the current CMLI radio stations to his representation of properties on the regional and local levels.
- Current CONNOISSEUR MEDIA/LI Dir./Sales DARREN DIPRIMA will continue in his role of overseeing the advertising and sales departments.
- CMLI Business Manager KRISTEN DURAN heads up the cluster’s business office and is joined by CMLI Business Manager assistant SEETA RAMROOP, who will continue to oversee the daily business activities of the company.
- Current CMLI Marketing Director ALISSA MARTI will add WALK to her management responsibilities and heads up the CMLI marketing and promotions department.
- WALK Promotions Coordinator MIKE KEENEY is being promoted to Promotions Manager and will share responsibilities of that position with current CMLI Promotions Manager MIKE RANDAZZO and CMLI Promotions Assistant JOE CARUCCI.
- Heading up the CONNOISSEUR MEDIA/LI digital department will be current CMLI Dir./Digital Sales LISA PHILLIPS, who will add the WALK digital platforms and revenue development initiatives to her management responsibilities.
- CMLI Digital PD JON DANIELS will continue to oversee the digital platforms for each brand and will add WALKradio.com to his management responsibilities.
- Current CMLI Production Director SEAN LYNCH and Production Manager ROB RUSH will oversee and manage all creative on-air production and imaging capabilities.
- Current WALK Digital Marketing Director JOE VARECHA has been promoted to Group Digital Content Manager.
- CMLI Graphic Designer DON ISRAEL will oversee all of the graphic initiatives on each of the clusters digital platforms.
- CMLI Digital Coordinator ROSEANNE SHERIDAN will continue in her role and will add WALK to her responsibilities.
- Engineering and technical operations including WALK A-F will be led by current CMLI Chief Engineer MIKE GLASER, who will be joined by WALK engineer JESSE SAYRE in overseeing the technical operations of the market.
- CMLI/FARMINGDALE receptionist JAMIE MAZZO will continue in her role as First Impression Specialist.
- Current CMLI Traffic Director ANTOINETTE RODRIGUEZ will be joined by WALK Traffic Coordinator JENNIFER ROMEO in the combined FARMINGDALE operation.
- Current CMLI Continuity Director ALYSSA FERRARO will add the WALK continuity responsibilities.