Survey Finds Older Drivers Less Receptive To The Digital Dashboard
October 15, 2014 at 3:57 AM (PT)
Are older drivers less enamored of the digital dashboard -- and more comfortable with their existing radio set while driving? Yes, finds a LOCHBRIDGE report, which found new technology drivers are experiencing behind the wheel, might be moving too fast for folks over 45.
The survey was administered to the U.S. internet population in JUNE 2014, through GOOGLE CONSUMER SURVEYS. Some of the highlights:
- Consumers view “mobile technology” -- smartphones, tablets and apps -- as being more advanced than “automotive technology”
- We want in-car access to our apps. Younger generations are demanding it.
- Even without integration into the vehicle, consumers are still accessing apps and information while driving.
- Younger generations want the digital lifestyle in the vehicle while older generations seem more reluctant.
- Receptivity to automotive connectivity falls off dramatically at certain age threshold.
Read the full report here.