WILV Chicago Airs 'The Perfect Christmas Blend'
November 13, 2014 at 6:19 AM (PT)
HUBBARD BROADCASTING Hot/Modern AC WILV (100.3 FM)/CHICAGO will celebrate this holiday season by airing “The Perfect Christmas Blend," evenly mixing the holiday classics along with today’s hottest variety of music, alternating a hit song with a seasonal standard all through CHRISTMAS DAY.
PD MARTY BENDER said, ”For more than a year now, HUBBARD RADIO CHICAGO has been committed to re-inventing the standard AC format. In that spirit, we are presenting a new way to hear the holiday. This is yet another unique 'touch' for our growing and lucratively targeted adult audience. This isn’t a radio strategy as much as it’s simply giving our listeners a balance of the two types of music they want to hear.”
Here’s how it all got started today at 6a (CT):
- BLACK EYED PEAS,. “Lets Get It Started”
- NAT KING COLE, “The CHRISTMAS Song”
- PHARRELL WILLIAMS, “Happy”
- MARIAH CAREY, “All I Want for CHRISTMAS”
- PINK, “Try”
- JOHNNY MATHIS, “Do You Know What I Hear”
- COLDPLAY, “Viva La Vida"
- PAUL McCARTNEY, “Wonderful CHRISTMAS”
- MEGHAN TRAINOR, “All About That Bass”
- BRENDA LEE, “Rockin’ Around the CHRISTMAS Tree”
- JOHN LEGEND, “All of Me”
- BING CROSBY, “White CHRISTMAS”
- REO SPEEDWAGON, “Take It On The Run”
- TRANS-SIBERIAN ORCHESTRA, “CHRISTMAS Eve SARAJEVO”
- KATY PERRY, “Hot N Cold”
- DEAN MARTIN, “Baby It’s Cold Outside”