Triton Digital Releases September Top 20 Ranker
December 8, 2014 at 6:11 AM (PT)
TRITON DIGITAL has released its monthly Top 20 Ranker for SEPTEMBER 2014. The Ranker is a listing of the top-performing digital audio stations and networks measured by the Webcast Metrics audience measurement platform. Webcast Metrics is accredited by the MEDIA RATING COUNCIL.
Webcast Metrics uses a proprietary platform to track audience data and convert it to metrics that can be easily understood by both publishers and advertisers. Audience rankings are done on the basis of "Average Active Sessions", with "Session Starts" and "Average Time Spent Listening" also displayed.
Key findings of the September 2014 Ranker include:
- Average Active Sessions (AAS) were up SEPTEMBER 2014, with the M-F 6a-8p daypart up 33.1% and MON-SUN 6a-Midnight daypart up 36.2% compared to JANUARY 2014.
- Of the top 20 markets, WASHINGTON, D.C. showed the largest listening gain with a 9.3% increase in AAS, followed by PHILADELPHIA (8.7%), MIAMI (7.8%), DETROIT (7.0%) and PORTLAND (5.7%).
- During the M-F 6a-8p daypart, 32% of listening took place on an iOS device, followed by ANDROID (27%) and Flash Player (9%).
- Flash Player closed the gap a bit in SEPTEMBER, overcoming GOOGLE CHROME for the #3 spot.
- LOS ANGELES had the most ANDROID users and NEW YORK had the most iOS users in the SEPTEMBER M-F 6a-8p daypart.
- HOUSTON had the most mobile listeners (76%) and BOSTON had the most desktop listeners (40%).
September's Top 20
- PANDORA CORPORATE
- CBS RADIO INC.
- CUMULUS STREAMING NETWORK
- SLACKER, INC.
- NPR MEMBER STATIONS
- ESPN RADIO CORPORATE
- COX RADIO INC.
- EMF CORPORATE
- IDOBI RADIO
- GREATER MEDIA CORPORATE
- TOWNSQUARE MEDIA
- SALEM COMMUNICATION
- HUBBARD BROADCASTING
- NEW YORK PUBLIC RADIO
- BEASLEY BROADCASTING CORPORATE
- PRISA RADIO
- LINCOLN FINANCIAL MEDIA