iHeartRadio's 2014 'Hearbook' Outlines The Year In Music
December 22, 2014 at 1:29 PM (PT)
iHEARTRADIO has documented the musical events that stood out in 2014 in "HEARBOOK," which, like a high school yearbook, charts the biggest hits, cliques and up-and-comers of the past 12 months, based on the data from more than 50 million registered iHEARTRADIO users across the country. The interactive HEARBOOK can be seen here while still from the site can be viewed here.
Here are some of the #iHeart2014 HEARBOOK highlights:
- Most Popular: DRAKE and RIHANNA. Runners-up: ARIANA GRANDE, MAROON 5, BEYONCE, LUKE BRYAN, IGGY AZALEA, TREY SONGZ, KATY PERRY, LIL' WAYNE
- Best Clique (bands with the most custom stations): ONE DIRECTION, IMAGINE DRAGONS, MAROON 5, ONE REPUBLIC, PARAMORE
- Freshman: SAM SMITH, IGGY AZALEA, MEGHAN TRAINOR, NICO & VINZ, 5 SECONDS OF SUMMER
Top 10 iHeartRadio Songs
- IGGY AZALEA, "Fancy"
- KATY PERRY, "Dark Horse"
- PHARRELL WILLIAMS, "Happy"
- MEGHAN TRAINOR, "All About That Bass"
- ARIANA GRANDE, "Problem"
- JASON DERULO, "Talk Dirty"
- DJ SNAKE AND LIL JON, "Turn Down For What"
- BEYONCE AND JAY Z, "Drunk In Love"
- JASON DERULO, "Wiggle"
- MAGIC!, "Rude"
- BATTLE OF THE BOOTIES: Which artist kicked more butt on iHeartRadio this year? WINNER:IGGY AZALEA had 57% more station starts than NICKI MINAJ's 43% in 2014.
- ELEVATOR MUSIC: Who was the real victor in the elevator scuffle between SOLANGE and JAY Z? WINNER: SOLANGE had an increase of 4,000% in station starts after the elevator altercation.
- SHAKE UP: Who gets the last laugh in this shakedown? WINNER: TAYLOR SWIFT had the #1 artist station on iHEARTRADIO following the release of "1989."
- TRAVEL TUNES: Who was more in demand on iHEARTRADIO? WINNER: U.S. artists had 33% more station starts than International artists.
- WAR OF THE WEB: Who really broke the Internet? WINNER: PSY - had over 2 billion views on YOUTUBE with his "Gangnam Style" video.