Benztown 'Cans 4 Cans' Fills Food Bank
January 6, 2015 at 4:25 PM (PT)
BENZTOWN has finished its “CANS 4 CANS” Holiday Benefit and Giveaway to help drive donations to the LOS ANGELES FOOD BANK in the two weeks leading up to the holidays (NET NEWS, 12/4). BENZTOWN enlisted its social media following to post a photo wearing headphones (a.k.a. “cans”) to FACEBOOK, TWITTER or INSTAGRAM with the hashtag #cans4cans, and in turn, BENZTOWN donated a can of food to the LOS ANGELES FOOD BANK on their behalf. Here are the results:
• 862 photos were posted to social media with #cans4cans.
• BENZTOWN threw in an extra 138 cans to round its food donations to 1,000 cans total.
• On TWITTER alone, #cans4cans was tweeted/re-tweeted 1,306 times, with a total reach of 7.5 million.
• Participation from artists included: STEVE AOKI, BENNY BENASSI, JUMP SMOKERS, 3LAU, THE DISCO FRIES and WILLIAM FITZSIMMONS.
• Big names in the radio industry included BLAIR GARNER, R DUB!, JAGGER & KRISTI, DJ SKEE, MIKE MCVAY, SEENA, DANA CORTEZ and CRISCO KIDD.