Detroit AM, West Virginia LPFM Ask FCC For OK To Remain Silent
January 8, 2015 at 9:47 AM (PT)
Another day at the FCC database goes without any new deals being filed, but a pair of stations has informed the FCC that they have gone silent.
PEDRO ZAMORA has requested a Silent STA for WDTW-A/DEARBORN-DETROIT while he rebuilds the recently-acquired station's transmission facility. The station was put back on the air with temporary facilities for about a month to maintain the license.
CALVARY ASSEMBLY OF GOD has filed for a Silent STA for WVPP-LP/BECKLEY, WV due to damage from a lightning strike.
And COCHISE BROADCASTING LLC has closed on the sale of Adult Standards-Oldies KOMJ-A (BOOMER 1490, formerly MAGIC 1490)/OMAHA to WALNUT RADIO, LLC for $450,000. KALIL AND CO. served as exclusive broker for the deal.
Also, ETERNAL LIFE MINISTRIES, INC. has closed on the sale of Southern Gospel WTHV-A/HAHIRA-VALDOSTA, GA to BEMISS ROAD BAPTIST CHURCH AND LOWNDES COUNTY CHRISTIAN ACADEMY for $165,000.
Low power FM construction permits have been granted to:
- IGLESIA CENTRO DE SANIDAD, TUCSON, AZ
- CATHOLIC INFORMATION CENTER OF SOUTHWEST MICHIGAN, KALAMAZOO, MI
- GLOBAL CHANGE MULTI-MEDIA, TUCSON, AZ
- CHRISTIAN FELLOWSHIP CENTER, HOLLY SPRINGS, NC
- AH-MUT PIPA FOUNDATION, WINTERHAVEN, CA
- VICTORIA THEATRE PROJECT, SAINT PAUL, MN
- SOUTH CAROLINA STATE UNIVERSITY, ORANGEBURG, SC
- CASCADE COMMUNITY RADIO, PORTLAND, OR
- XEROCRAFT INC., TUCSON, AZ