Alabama FM Changes Hands
January 14, 2015 at 12:10 PM (PT)
JEFFREY K. HAYNES and HAYNES BROADCASTING CORP. are selling AC WFXX (FOX 107.7)/GEORGIANA, AL to JEREMY and SARAH WOLFF's FOX BROADCASTING CORP., LLC for $600,000.
In other filings with the FCC, RADIO WEBS, INC. has closed on the sale of Country WIPK (KICKIN' 94.5)/CALHOUN, GA to STEVE HEGWOOD's CORE COMMUNICATORS NORTH LLC for $880,000. WIPK is flipping to a simulcast of the buyer's co-channel Urban W233BF (STREETZ 94.5)/ATLANTA (see separate story).
AMERICAN FAMILY ASSOCIATION has closed on the sale of K268CP/JOPLIN, MO to JERRY W. TIBBETTS for $35,000.
SCHWARTZBERG COMMUNICATIONS, INC. has closed on the sale of Oldies KNND-A/COTTAGE GROVE, OR to REITEN COMMUNICATIONS, LLC for $173,250.
MURRAY STATE UNIV. has closed on the sale of W290CR/MADISONVILLE, KY to SOUND BROADCASTERS, INC. for $25,001.
RADIO ASSIST MINISTRY, INC. has closed on the sale of W228CL/FRANKFORT, KY to SOUTHERN BELLE, LLC for $25,000. The station will rebroadcast Classic Hits WKYW-A (PASSPORT RADIO 1490)/FRANKFORT.
And MARY V. GUTHRIE has closed on the donation of K243BW/PALMDALE, CA to THE ASSOCIATION FOR COMMUNITY EDUCATION, INC.
Low power FM construction permits were granted to:
- GREATER GREENSBORO BROADCASTING TEAM, GREENSBORO, NC
- READING, WRITING, ARITHMETIC, INC., LAS VEGAS, NV
- PUBLIC MEDIA OF NEW ENGLAND, INC., HAVERHILL, MA
- BURTEN, BELL, CARR DEVELOPMENT, INC., CLEVELAND, OH
- GREATER FLINT ARTS COUNCIL, FLINT, MI
- GREATER CLARK COUNTY SCHOOLS, JEFFERSONVILLE, IN
- HOLY CROSS COLLEGE, INC., SOUTH BEND, IN
- ST. PATRICK PARISH LAWRENCE EDUCATIONAL RADIO ASSOCIATION, LAWRENCE, MA
- WINCHESTER SCHOOL OF CHINESE CULTURE, WINCHESTER, MA
- ST. JOSEPH CATHOLIC SCHOOL, COLUMBIA, SC