Read The State Of The Business In New All Access Columns!
January 21, 2015 at 4:10 PM (PT)
It's WEDNESDAY -- time once again for some fresh, new columns ... exclusively on ALL ACCESS!
* THE POWER PLAYER: News Editor JEFF SILBERMAN interviews CAPITOL RECORDS EVP GREG THOMPSON.
* CONSULTANT TIPS: JEFFREY HEDQUIST wants you to "Write a Really Bad Commercial."
* MERGE: LORI LEWIS warns about "The Danger Of Walking Around With 'Live Mics'."
* COACHES CORNER: SAM WEAVER wants you to "Update Your Radio GPS."
* RAISING THE BAR: ROB WAGMAN pits "Starbucks Versus Dunkin' Donuts; A New Orleans' Radio Story."
* NEXT STEPS: SETH RESLER cites, "This One Simple Change Will Vastly Improve Every Radio Station's Website Homepage."
* RADIO FUTURESCOPE: JAMES CRIDLAND declares, "Radio Is Where We Discover New Music. So What?
* THE PERFORMANCE PLAYBOOK: PAUL KAYE asks, "Does Experience Guarantee Performance?"
* STEVE MEYER offers a no-holds-barred perspective on the state of the music and radio industry in the digital age in DISC AND DAT.
* GREGG SKALL analyzes the enigma wrapped in the bureaucracy that is the FCC UNCENSORED.
* 10 QUESTIONS:
Top 40/Mainstream Editor DAVE HOEFFEL talks with 107.5/ZOO FM/MISSOULA, MT Brand Manager/syndicated air personality AARON "THE TALLEST DJ IN AMERICA" TRAYLOR.
Top 40/Rhythmic Editor PETE JONES interviews KBBT/SAN ANTONIO, KKSS/ALBUQUERQUE, KVVF/SAN JOSE Music Specialist JAIME "HAMM" VALENZUELA.
Hot/Modern/AC Editor MARK STRICKLAND asks the big 10 of WSTR/ATLANTA on-air host CHECKA CEE.
Country Editor RJ CURTIS goes one-on-one with BROKEN BOW artist JACKIE LEE.
News/Talk/Sports Editor PERRY MICHAEL SIMON talks with WIP/PHILADELPHIA Creative Dir./host BRIAN "SLUDGE" HADDAD.
Alternative Editor SHAWN ALEXANDER discusses the biz with WWYY-WODE/ALLENTOWN, PA PD /Brand Manager BILL SHERIDAN.
Rock Editor KEN ANTHONY interviews IMAGEN RECORDS Pres./CEO BOB WINEGARD.
Triple A Editor JOHN SCHOENBERGER talks shop with KCMP/MINNEAPOLIS PD JIM MCGUINN.
Urban/Urban AC Editor SAM WEAVER gets the latest from WTMP-A/TAMPA PD LARRY STEELE.
Contemporary Christian Editor MARK GILES interviews TENTH AVENUE NORTH artist JEFF OWEN.
Dance Editor CARY VANCE gets the latest from HEADS/PRMD artist WYCLEF JEAN.
There's also an ON THE BEACH 10Q, where DAVE HOEFFEL talks with KDKA/PITTSBRUGH alum TAYLOR DIAZ.
This and more must-read content -- for free -- on ALL ACCESS.